Write for Rights 2019
This year in St. Peter’s Community Centre we have an event after each Mass for signing cards and appeal letters in support of people, particularly women and children, whose human rights are being abused or who are involved in defending human rights. Please join us on the weekend 7/8 December by donating £1.00 towards the costs and by coming into the Centre to sign a card or an appeal letter.
Justice and Peace Group : Who we are
The group came into being in 2004, with the encouragement of the parish priest, Fr. Patrick Branagan. We meet to discuss local, national and international justice and peace issues and plan activities, in the context of Catholic Social Teaching. http://www.catholicsocialteaching.org.uk/ We welcome all who share our aims.
Please click http://justice-and-peace.org.uk/ for more information.
Activities of the J&P Group
- Fairtrade Sales & Events
- Prisoners of Conscience Greeting Card Campaign
- Programme of speakers and films
- Focus on homelessness in Bromsgrove. Support for Basement Project
- Lobbying MP on J & P Issues
- Attendance at Annual Diocesan Justice & Peace Assembly
Links to National Groups
- We are members of Pax Christi UK
- We are a Kairos Community. www.kairosbritain.org.uk
- We support CAFOD campaigns
Anyone interested is invited to follow our posts on
You can also join our Facebook group by asking a current member to invite you. Alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org
New members are always welcome. If you are interested in getting involved, come along to our meetings which are usually held on the 2nd Wednesday of each month at the Parish Centre at 7.30 pm.