Stewards' Duties During Covid-19
- Stewards must be at church 30 minutes before Mass.
- There should be 3 Stewards at each Mass and 2 on weekday Masses.
- Stewards must first wash their hands in the sacristy, sanitise hands and put on gloves and face coverings.
- First Steward must control entry, ensure people sanitise their hands in the porch, wear a face covering and remain 2 metres apart from anyone who is not in their household or support bubble.
- Disposable face masks will be available for those who have forgotten them.
NOTE: Those parishioners with severe breathing difficulties and the under 5’s are not required to wear face coverings.
- Second Steward inside the church will tick off names of parishioners on the list provided and enter names of those who have not pre-booked. There is no need to collect contact information as this has already been provided online via the booking system. Members of the Choir and Servers are not required to book online but please make a note of their names in the box provided.
- Third Steward guides parishioner(s) to the next available place nearest the top of the church using both sides. Parishioners cannot sit where they want.
- There is room at Mass for a maximum of 42 people in the pews and 6 people on the chairs at the back A Household can sit in a cluster of no more than 6 on the same bench (whilst observing social distancing where required). People attending who are not on the list may be admitted until the maximum of 48 people is achieved.
- At Holy Communion, the First Steward must move into the sacristy and the Second Steward will conduct parishioners from benches, one bench at a time, front to back on the pulpit side followed by back to front on the font side. The Third Steward to remain at the back of church.
- You must ensure people do not leave any belongings in their pew as they will not be returning to that place.
- After receiving Holy Communion at the sanctuary step, Communicants will go into the sacristy where the First Steward will ensure parishioners dispose of any unwanted papers in the bin provided.
- Money donations are to be placed in the sacristy safe and left there for 72 hours before being counted.