Re-opening of St Peter's weekend of 26th/27th September 2020
RE-OPENING FOR MASS
6PM SATURDAY 26 SEPTEMBER
8.30AM & 10.30PM SUN 27 SEPTEMBER
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PEOPLE ATTENDING MASS
- During this unusual and difficult time there will be a limit of 36 people allowed to attend Mass in church at any one time. Your place at each Mass must be reserved beforehand. To book a place, please telephone Christine Lewis (01527 877796) on the Thursday or Friday before the scheduled weekend Masses. Calls must only be made to Christine on Thursdays between 4.30pm-7pm, or on Fridays between 5pm-7pm. You cannot book for weekends in advance. Please do not telephone at other times or leave messages. You must speak to Christine personally to confirm a place is reserved for you. It is unlikely you will be admitted to church if maximum capacity is reached and you just turn up at Mass without a reservation.
- On entering the church, sanitise your hands using the automatic dispenser provided in the porch.
- Please give your name and telephone number to the Warden collecting this information. (These details are retained for 21 days and then destroyed).
- Please make sure you are wearing a face covering, stay at least ONE metre apart at all times and follow the signs provided.
- You will be directed to your seat by the Warden. Regrettably, you will not be able to sit in a place of your choice.
- Before going to your seat, please place donations to the parish (1st and 2nd collections) in the buckets provided at the back of church.
- At Holy Communion you will be directed by the Warden to the Minister distributing Holy Communion.
- Holy Communion, which will take place at the end of Mass, must be given to you in your hand and not on your tongue.
- Before going to receive Holy Communion, please ensure you take all your belongings with you, including your newsletter. You will not be returning to your place in church.
- If you do not normally leave your church place to go to Holy Communion, you must now leave your place with others in your pew, walk up the aisle and exit the church via the sacristy door.
- After receiving Holy Communion, go into the sacristy, place unwanted papers in the dustbin, sanitise your hands and leave church via the sacristy door.
- Please be aware the toilets in the Community Centre CANNOT be used.
- Should a parishioner develop symptoms of COVID19 following Mass at St Peter’s, Monsignor Graham must be informed immediately by telephoning him on 01527 832530.